Sunday, August 26, 2007

First Dirtbike Races!

The boys had their first dirtbike race over the weekend... Which by the way, when I say the boys, I mean both sons and my husband... Honestly, I would say that their entire day and certainly the last few hours were heavy in the case of nerves. Trevor had backed out over and over again right up to the moment that Joey was signing the form for entry. They had very short practices for each "class" and the racing started at 7pm. We were at the track from 3pm until nearly midnight.
The boys did well. Cody and Trevor both held their own in both motos. Joey did well too. In fact, when all was said and done, he'd taken 2nd place. Although he'd been on the track with better than 10 other riders, there was only one more in his class. We didn't realize this while he was actually racing him. Joey won the first moto and the other guy won the 2nd. But, the 2nd held more weight so Joey got 2nd place! Isn't that funny? I'm proud of him but then I'm proud as long as they all stay in one piece...
The most eventful thing for Kaitlyn and me was that we were covered in red clay dust. Yes, we looked as though we had a nice tropical tan if you really want to find a glamarous description. Atleast it was even coverage unlike the tan in the bottle! Anyway, we entertained ourselves by trips to the rest room, chatting with friends and neighbors... OH! I did forget to mention that several of our neighbors showed up to support them and two other neighbors were racing too.
I'll probably get around to a layout at some point despite my pictures coming out terrible because it all started so late. I can atleast use this post to remind me of details that will surely escape my mind.

No comments: