Monday, September 10, 2007

Cody is Improving

It's been crazy around here but I thought I'd give you guys an update! Cody is healing really well. We were able to irrigate his wounds which helped him to open his eye. Through this, we discovered it was filled with blood. But, I believe we might already be seeing the beginning of scabbing and his swelling has gone down to the point that he can wear his glasses. The poor boy is practically blind without them so not only did he have a mutilated face, he was dealing with near blindess too. We took him today to have his hair washed and conditioned which I'm sure made him feel better.Joey and Trevor raced motorcycles on Saturday night and did really well. I'm disappointed that we couldn't be there but Cody couldn't afford to be covered in the red clay dust with open wounds. Instead, my best friend came over and we hung out in the living room and giggled the night away while Cody had a steady flow of friends checking up on him too. Good times!
I got out for a bit on Sunday and bought a couple of photography books. The secret to lighting eludes me and our house stays so dark. I've not taken photos lately like I had been. Between lighting, natural (yet unique) poses and the actual science of manual settings which I've been tinkering with and thanks to digital; settle for trial and error, I just feel the need to learn more. I've enjoyed photography more than I can say but I'm ready to be a master. I've gotten some great photos over the years but it's either sheer luck or Photoshop ability that brings them to life. Besides, there's a big hole in this trial and error plan and someday, I'm afraid I'll miss THE shot because of it.
Anyway, everything's getting back to normal. All in all, it's the best case scenario of any trauma. We could stack the miracles of near misses and the timing of it all in piles... I know there's a reason for everything. We are truly blessed and we've been reminded just how precious life is and just how important our friends and family are to us. That's what I'm taking from this event.
Here's a photo of his healing progress. I'm mighty proud of this boy. He's been incredibly brave and I'm sure grateful he's improving as quickly as he is.

No comments: